Released the UCL dataset
New dataset on the teams that have played the UEFA Champions League quarterfinals since 1980.
The new UEFA Champions League (UCL) dataset v1 available here. It includes:
- All teams that played the UCL quarterfinals from 1980 to 2021.
- Data about the last played round (QF: Quarterfinals / SF: Semifinals / RU: Runners-up / W: Winner).
- Data about city, GDP, and population.
- year: Year when the last rounds were played (e.g. 1981 is season 1980-1981).
- code: Abreviation of the team.
- name: Name of the team.
- round: QF: Quarterfinals / SF: Semifinals / RU: Runners-up / W: Winner
- league: Name of the league the team plays.
- region: Big 5 (England, Spain, Italy, France, Germany), Small (small leagues), East (Eastern team leagues pre-1990).
- decade: 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s (last final Chelsea - City included in 2010s).
- superliga: Founder teams of the fake Superleague.
- city: Name of the city.
- areacode: Area code of the city (Eurostat / OECD).
- metropol: Name of the metropolitan area.
- pop: Population of the city/metropolitan area (Source: Eurostat).
- gdp: GDP of the city/metropolitan area (Source: Eurostat).
- country: Name of the country.
- eurostat: Eurostat country code.
- ecb: ECB country code.
- cowc: Correlates of War character country code.
- cown: Correlates of War numeric country code.